Although his main focus is on fashion photography nowadays he can still be seen working furiously trying to get "the" shot during those first three songs.
Latest posts by Nick Bailey (see all)
- PHOTO GALLERY: Exxxekutioner – Northumberland Arms – 9-10-15 - October 16, 2015
Latest posts by Joe Fowler (see all)
- Riwaindo – Haioka - December 6, 2016
- Just Being Me – Myles Sanko - October 28, 2016
- Smoove & Turrell – Wylam Brewery Newcastle – 7-10-16 - October 10, 2016
I started NE:MM as a magazine back in August 2013 and took it online in March 2014. I have always had a passion for music, and a desire to help popularise music of the type I loved. That led me to promote as 'The Outsider' and 'Common People' until recently and who knows, the promoter bug may bite again soon. As I age I find my own tastes developing and so my enthusiasm now extends to classical, jazz/funk and metal, whereas it used to sit squarely in the pop/indie/folk box. I hope it's infectious and through the efforts of the many volunteer contributors to NE:MM I hope it helps you find new music that you can feel passionate about too.
Latest posts by Victoria Ling (see all)
- For A Moment, I Was Lost – Amber Run - February 5, 2017
- Martha Hill – The Jazz Cafe Newcastle – 15-12-16 - December 19, 2016
- Ayanna Witter Johnson – Jazz Cafe Newcastle – 9-12-16 - December 11, 2016
I’m mostly attracted to Jazz music in all of its forms, along with Blues, Greig, Messiaen, Stockhausen, Piazzolla, Bryars, The Third Programme, Late Junction, and BBC Radio 6 etc etc.
Basically I like much of the variety of contemporary music of the Modern Era and like to be inspired or surprised by it.I really enjoy live music performances, but Jazz is my main thing, along with contemporary organ music (live at Durham Cathedral) and the Unthanks.I’ve met people with similarly diverse tastes, and don’t worry too much about genres and where they belong. When I like it, I enjoy it !
Hobbies / interests include music, photography, real ales, walking, fresh air.
Owner of the actual clock that Bill Haley used to rock around.
Always having to give Electric Wizard 50p for the meter.
Gave Heartbreak Hotel a five star review on Trip Advisor.
Latest posts by Nick Wesson (see all)
- Surveillance – Vanishing Life - November 10, 2016
- Preview – Slurs – The Northumberland Arms Newcastle – 15-10-16 - October 12, 2016
- Preview – Freakwater – Cluny – 13-10-16 - September 6, 2016
Latest posts by Les Aitch (see all)
- The Brand New Heavies – Hoochie Coochie Newcastle – 21-11-15 - November 23, 2015
- Soweto Kinch – Hoochie Coochie Newcastle – 25-9-15 - September 28, 2015
- PREVIEW: Soweto Kinch – Hoochie Coochie Newcastle – 25-9-15 - August 29, 2015
Bald, bearded, rock nerd with a serious photography habit. I can be regularly spotted at gigs around Newcastle; alternative, punk and and bit of metal. I've covered shows, tours and festivals around the UK.
I'm mainly known for my music photography project GJB Performance Photography, which ran from early 2012 to July 2015.
Now photoing for Blank Slate Creative Photography, based in Newcastle. Alongside covering shows for NE:MM.
Latest posts by Graeme Baty (see all)
- PREVIEW: Deathcrusher – Northumbria University – 28-10-15 - September 9, 2015
- Fall Of Troy – O2 Academy Newcastle – 17-08-15 - August 21, 2015
- INTERVIEW: Retriever - August 20, 2015
Latest posts by Adam Barnsley (see all)
- Wolf Alice – Northumbria University – 21-9-15 - September 24, 2015
- Paul Smith and The Intimations – Cluny Newcastle – 4-9-15 - September 7, 2015